13 July 2008

The unromantic guy can also be romantic

Getting married is not as easy as it seems. You need the right person, the right timing and right method of proposal.

In the past, form of proposal can be "Let's get married" or "Let's buy a flat". However, as time progresses, women tend to be more romantic as they are in touch with more Western concepts. They hope to receive more romantic proposals, which they could relish even many years after their marriage. Afterall, marriage is only once in a lifetime and there's never going to be a 2nd proposal again in the future.

For me, I also hope to receive a romantic proposal in the future (if there's ever any haha) Realistically, if my kid were to ask me "Mummy, how did Daddy propose to you?", at least I can proudly provide the details.

I've known Merynx for 7 years already and during these years, it did not ever cross my mind that he is a romantic person. I only realised he has such a romantic side when he described to us tonight at our hall mates gathering his successful proposal to his girl friend, and now future-wife-to-be.

First, he asked his church friends to set up an outing and then he got a professional singer to sing "Only You" before he and his friends brought the flowers arranged as "Will You Marry Me?" out for her.


Not to be missed is his ring-bearer: their hamster who carried their special, unique ring.
And she was so touched and said "yes".

I sincerely believe Wedding is a form of solemn commitment. It's never just a piece of paper because not many people can be that committed to sign that paper. I'm very happy that my 2 friends have decided to make the step and I wish them everlasting happiness.

Hope everyone I know can also meet the person that they can be committed to and vice versa. Cheers to Merynx! Looking forward to your unconventional wedding!

FYI my friends (guys..), there're many proposal ideas in You-tube that you can learn from if you ever run out of them!

No comments: