14 July 2008

Feeling unhappy? Some Tips To Improve Mood...! Part I

I believe perhaps I laugh too much in office. Last week, my colleague actually asked me what will make me unhappy? I was stunned for a moment then. Honestly I was more surprised myself when I answered "Hmm.. when I'm hungry or sick, I will feel unhappy." haha... thinking back now, I guess hunger and being sick are few of the problems I can't laugh it off especially when it's not within my control.

To be honest, many things can make us unhappy or easily fustrated. However I believe at times, we can do something to improve our mood. Hmm I've thought of some tips. Haha but I didn't try all of them... so maybe someone might want to provide some feedback to these... =)


1) Do things you like and enables you to relax but have not done for a long time ~ Think less and relax more promotes better sleep and mood E.g.

a. Meeting with good friends and chit chat / drinks
b. Taking a break during mid-week and do nothing except relax e.g. having afternoon tea in café / coffee joint during weekday like tai tai


2) Do things that can unleash your frustration and unhappiness… nothing better than venting it out! E.g.

a. Exercise / Have a heavy workout! (Disadvantage: Muscle ache later)
b. Going to game arcade and have a showdown with your enemies
c. Install a dart board at your house and practice your aim on the photo pinned at the board (Just don't hit and spoil the wall)
d. Singing all the fast-paced and energetic songs in KTV
e. Partying out with khakis at places with music that makes you scream
f. Attending Jay Chou’s concert – you’ll love it -> the atmosphere, crowd and music ~ Screaming there is also the norm and legal.
g. Take amusement park rides ~ you can legally shout all your frustrations there and no one will think you are crazy.
h. Watch a sad movie and CRY ~ who will know if you are crying for the movie or yourself?

3) Do something emotional fulfilling by helping others (like me)… certainly makes you feel happy at heart!

No comments: