26 August 2009

The Way I Read...

I always enjoy reading. Newspapers, novels, comics etc.
My favourite remains the romantic-suspense books. Meaning both romance and a couple of murders in it, with the murders being solved by clever sleuthing on the part of the hero and heroine.

In one of these books I read, I especially love the conversation between the hero and heroine it makes me realise I actually have much in common with the heroine...

Like her, I like to read romantic-suspense books.
Even though in real life the motivation for murder is a lot straightforward and majority of cases are solved because someone talks and not because of clever sleuthing. But this doesn't matter because like what she said "If I want real police work, I'll read the newspapers, not a book."

Like her, I tend to read the ending of the book before I commit to the whole book, because I read for the story and not the ending. I agree with her logic that " Life is too short to waste on books that end badly / unhappily ".
That perhaps could translate into my view of life too. Not sure if it's good or bad. But if I have a perception that certain things do not have a good ending or rather I'll be unhappy about, I will tend not to go through with it. Life is too short to be unhappy. But does this also indicate that I lack the courage and determination as I seem to take the easy way out?

Hmm... an issue indeed worth pondering... ??

No comments: