6 August 2008

Black and white photography

6 Aug 2008 Sunny

I finally went for my black and white photography lesson!
It's a small class of only 4 students and my instructor, Maria is a rather kind and patient lady (hope she'll continue to be that with me for the next 3 lessons haha).

At first I do not understand why the class is so small. But after attending the lesson, I understood. There's a lot of hands-on session and things to do. It's not as simple and easy as I thought.

Tonight, I learnt to extract the exposed film by using the given equipment and use the equipment inside the dark room. But I think one of the most difficult things is to load the film on the roller in the dark room in total darkness! I tried (and only me) and dropped the film onto the floor! haha... luckily it's just a practice (no real film is used) tonight. I guess I have to eat more carrots these few days to improve my night eye sight and practice feeling stuff dark at night...

I also have to memorise the steps to do inside the darkroom especially on the usage of equipment! Maria also told us that in the next lesson we'll hands-on and develop a real roll of film. According to her, we'll also have to make sure the solution used has a temperature of exactly 20 degrees! haha I feel like I'm actually doing lab work and I think it has been 10 years since I enter a lab!

Well... I hope I will continue to keep my passion for black and white photography and not be scared off by the difficult but intriguing lab work! haha... anyway hope I'll be less blur as time goes by... haha...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yoz, improve your photography skills, so that you can take more pictures of our SRC activities! hee.

Anonymous said...

Luckily you only say SRC activities. I was more worried about taking pictures on "Other Activities" haha...

N yeah will try hard to improve my photography skills... especially when taking pictures of you haha =P