12 October 2008

Some thoughts to share

Received email on this poem from a friend.
She love this poem as she finds it meaningful:

After a while you learn the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
and company doesn't always mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises
and you begin to accept your defeats
with your head up and your eyes ahead
with the grace of woman, not the grief of a child
and you learn to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns
if you get too much
so you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
you really are strong
you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn
with every goodbye, you learn...

Veronica A. Shoffstall

We especially like this phrase (as usual we like the same things =P):

" so you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers."


I guess to me regardless of Man or Woman, we've to love ourselves first.
Instead of just waiting for people to love us.
If we do not even love ourselves, how do we expect to love other people?
How do we expect other people to love us too?
Of course... by loving ourselves doesn't mean we've to be too arrogant...
haha... no one is perfect too...

Find my thoughts confusing? No need to be... cos you're reading a typical Gemini's blog...
Cheers... and have a nice day to all... =)

5 comments:

ianinozzie said...

Hi EeHua (or would you prefer to be called "June"?), it's Ian here, Francis' best fiend...er...friend.

Not quite sure I agree...I think you can not love oneself but still love another. I do agree though, loving oneself can sometimes be construed as being arrogant. I know people who are like that, unfortunately, even though I'm sure they will never consider themselves arrogant or "buay hiao bye".

Anyway, just wondering how you're doing with Francis being away for such a long period of time? I know it's the first major hurdle for the two of you to cross but hang in there, it won't be long before he returns.

Please visit my blog too, though it's pretty much ramblings from an insane man. Link available via Francis' blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ian, thanks for your comments. I'm fine with either June or Ee Hua. =) No serious preference.

Hee also thanks for your concern. Francis and I still keep in contact via sms.. so it's not too bad. Plus I'm quite busy with my work these few weeks... so time still passes rather fast. =)

Francis said...

Hmm... I see that someone has drop by. Hehe... Surprise to see me online? Well, long story. Only got another 10 minutes before I got log out.

Well, in the case of loving oneself, it is more of accepting one as who he or she is and not trying to be what others wanted them to be. Loving oneself include accepting ones own weakness and strength, appearance and background. Not to that sense of arrogant or the "me" and "I" attitude or think too highly of ourselves.

I used to hate myself, but as I slowly learnt, life is never perfect. So I understand the meaning of life is not so much of changing to suit others but learning to accept and understand ourselves better outside and inside. That is to love oneself, then I can learn to love others. ;)

Regards
Francis

Anonymous said...

Another pearls of wisdom from Francis.... hahah.. But I have to say... I so agree with you!!!! A person who doesn't even love himself will not be a happy person. How then, can you expect him to know how to love another person or to accept someone else's love? JMHO...

ianinozzie said...

Ah ok. Guess I'll just work out which one is more comfortable to call you by then!

Sms contact...hmm...I remember the days when Aeris and I kept in contact via sms. Not the easiest thing to do. But, as the song goes:

"Reunited and it feels so good!"

Well, shortly anyway. :)